Sunday 24 July 2011

Faith restored

I've had what for me is a very busy weekend. Friday's dinner plans have been postponed for a week as my friend had to work late, but Saturday saw my friend L collecting me ready for a shopping trip to Meadowhall. Long day! Very wisely we had cake-on-arrival, and a ncot for me, before hitting the shops. We had a plan - just keep turning left, then we can't miss anything. Do downstairs, have lunch, do upstairs. And it worked, we covered every square inch of that shopping centre! Unfortunately the one thing we couldn't control was the goods on sale, and they were disappointing. So six hours later, having just bought some CDs, we headed back to L's house, to start getting ready for a night out with mutual friend C.

So off we went, having had a few drinks to start us off. Great night - involved laughter and dancing, always a good combination for me! I even managed to find myself a very sweet 19 year old who spent the evening pretending to be my 27-year-old husband of 5 years (his idea, not mine!), in order to keep annoying men at bay - it is beyond me why men assume that if I'm dancing it must be for them....err no, I just enjoy dancing! And I do NOT want your number, never mind to go home with you!  Anyway, home at 4am with aching legs.

After a lie in this morning I've very much enjoyed reaffirming that actually I am a fully grown adult, by getting out in the garden and cutting the grass, staking up my tomatoes, creating more growing room for my beans, and cropping some potatoes, beans and onions. Much as I enjoy the occasional night out on the town, I'm happy that they are getting less frequent as I think I'd actually prefer to have dinner parties, if anyone would come!! I guess I'm caught between my grown up, child-centred life, and the young free single lives of my girlfriends. I love having the best of both worlds, but I do feel a bit of a fraud when I go out anywhere without Sam, I want a plaque saying 'I have a child, I'm proud of this'! Mind you, maybe I just need to keep C with me - as I got chatting to this guy last night (Chris, for the record, no surname!) she rushed in with 'You know she's got a three-year-old, right?'!

S x

PS: RIP Amy Winehouse - I hope she finds more peace in death than she did in her troubled life. We've all heard of 'live fast die young', but it's such a shame when someone with a talent as outstanding as that has so little regard for her own life, or for those who love her. Everyone has to do what makes them happy, I just find it hard to comprehend that she really could have enjoyed living like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore getting comments - please leave me one, it makes me feel loved!